Mafia 101 NOC: game over (mafia win)

A lot of that is very factually off (ie, the claim on my voting yesterday is painfully wrong and easily disproven). But I'll answer that more throughly when I'm not on mobile.

leprechan curiosity since your a new face (which is good) how much mafia experience would you say you have? What about NOC experience?

Anyways, the #1 way that town loses is if town isn't posting and being active. Anyone who is explicit in saying they won't post should be lynched is my position as it can only be seen as blatantly anti town

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Honestly, king has been playing so poorly I find it very hard to believe that he's mafia and that any coach would allow this to happen. You're actually dumb if you keep your vote on him. This is why you go for the slam dunk lynch whydon.

tl;dr king is bad, vote whydon

Honestly, king has been playing so poorly I find it very hard to believe that he's mafia and that any coach would allow this to happen. You're actually dumb if you keep your vote on him. This is why you go for the slam dunk lynch whydon.

tl;dr king is bad, vote whydon
I highly doubt a coach would encourage him to keep doing this as village since it's making so many people scumread him.

The play is awful no matter what side he's on. However as much as it makes no sense for a scum to do it, it makes even less sense for a townie to act deliberately scummy and then say they don't care if they're lynched as that is basically game throwing at that point. Either way, unless king starts posting actual content, he should not be allowed to get away with this

The thing is, I can't see a tutor letting King_ carry on with this, unless he is deliberately ignoring his tutor. It does more harm to village than good, and I think that if a tutor is encouraging King_ to behave in this matter, it might be to make everyone think that he's playing so badly that there's no way he could be mafia.

It's a bit of a stretch but tbh very possible. I want to refrain from voting for now since I fear that if Former Hope is mafia and King_ is village then we are wasting another lynch, but either way I want to see how King_ responds.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Haruno why are you so insistent that whydon is mafia without even giving us substance or reason to vote for him? I currently have him as a town read because quite frankly he hasn't done anything that sticks out as inherently scummy and why you are so insistent on him being scum just doesn't make any sense.

Also yeah everyone else a king wagon at this stage is really stupid lol

I'm not going to be able to be here for most of this day of NOC, so here are some quick thoughts I've had.

• At least one of Haruno + Whydon is Mafia.
  • King would probably be actually trying to help if he was a member of the town, so either he's trying to gamethrow, or he's Mafia trying to get us to ignore him for being pseudo-Village Idiot.
  • Welcome to the party, leprechan we hope you enjoy it!
  • Should we maybe all post our reads on people? It'd get some discussion going.
  • Martin why do you consider the King wagon stupid?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
  • Martin why do you consider the King wagon stupid?
Because pursuing it will just leave the entire day revolving around him; quite frankly I don't think he is posting like he is because he is mafia so much as he is posting like he is just because he's just utilising a heavily dickish playstyle. His votes don't seem to be throwaway votes (he wouldn't change his vote so quickly if he hadn't been reading the thread). A king wagon is just going to (and has resulted in) people who are in comfortable positions idling; this gives the actual mafia an excuse to do the same, and it means that people with pressure put on them don't give a toss because it looks certain that he is gonna be lynched anyway. A day we waste on this King_ wagon is just a completely wasted day where we a) gain no info at all and b) give the mafia another free kill.

Martin the thing is, you just outlined why we need to lynch king today. Because of that playstyle, unless he suddenly changes, he'll also dominate the conversation for tomorrow and the day after until he's lynched .

That said, I do agree that other people need to be looked at. Blankslate for instance has been suspiciously quiet after bandwagoning me.

That said, there's now a lot of good interaction to king that his flip will give us a ton of information, such as if he does flip scum like I expect, looking closely at those who tried to get the vote off him .

Btw, gut reading mostly. But rn I think the scum team is (if king is scum). King, haruno, blankslate

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry for the inactivity, had to handle irl things yesterday and could only pay attention here on occasion

Comments on specific people since last time...

Leprechan

And first thing I see is leprechan is banned from the site. Lovely. Unvote. So much for my reaction test. Asek you'll need a sub

I had been spending most of the day trying to figure out their motivation for their post, specifically the following:
Leprechan said:
The main thing I want everyone to take away from this (even maf) is that I think Whydon and Haruno are Not threats. Regardless of alignment and I think wasting time focusing on what they have said on day 1 is pointless.
I was wracking my brain and couldn't figure it out and so tried to garner a reaction from them with my vote. Here's my thoughts on this so far.

If Leprechan is mafia he's posting this because he doesn't want town listening to Haruno. He sees the suspicion on Whydon and thinks that's good but is concerned about Haruno's posting and uses Whydon as a shield while casting doubt on Harunos alignment - something we can see has happened with Former's recent posts. Alternatively, If Haruno and Leprechan are a scum team, this distances the pairing without requiring too strong an attack on the other.

If Leprechan is town...this was the part I was having trouble thinking about. The best I can imagine is that Leprechan thinks he has some reads on who the mafia are, doesn't think haruno or Whydon are scum, and doesn't want them to be targeted for fear of distracting the town (he implies as much in his post). Assuming prior knowledge of playerbase perhaps he also tries to deter mafia from targeting haruno who can potentially game solve in the end game.

I have significant uncertainty about this post and given that, plus the fact that we'll now be going on our third player, I have a Hand of Suspicion on this slot.

Former Hope

I like his 146 and 161, particularly his bringing up Blank Slate who had slipped under my radar as a possible target but I'm not so fond of his semi-tunnel on King. Targeting "anti-town" users is a pretty easy way to induce a mislynch if he's scum, 154 in particular reads like an appeal to emotion to get people to jump on the wagon. My gut says he's saying this from a town perspective so I town read for the moment, but final judgement is reserved.

Martin is a null-read atm, he's posting things I agree with and seemingly with a town-orientation but nothing that specifically sticks out to me as definitively town or scum. Thought I saw a scum slip in 158 but re-reading I don't see it anymore.

I can see scum teams of Whydon+Martin and Haruno+TraceOfLife/Leprechan/empty slot but otherwise I don't see the Whydon scum tells. He's been pretty useless as far as scum hunting goes but nothing is inherently scummy. That does raise the question of whether he's trying to slide under the radar and if he'd be receiving any pressure if haruno weren't tunneling him.

Hitmonleet is back in my FoS scum pile. He looked better at the end of the day yesterday but the flip made him look more suspicious and 157 in particular smells very fishy. Asking questions that don't serve any purpose in regards to scum hunting or pressuring, regurgitating the crowd opinion on King, pushing suspicion onto a Whydon/Haruno dichotomy, that screams scum trying to look active while not adding anything beneficial.

King is totally null. I agree with arguments on both sides regarding policy lynching the anti-town player. I wouldn't be opposed to placing a vote here but I'd prefer finding a better option.

Vote Hitmonleet

tbh, my theory on why King is acting this way despite being a better player than this is because of a ploy. He's clearly viewing the thread and paying attention to the game, but also acting very apathetic.

Yet I find one of the most interesting posts in this entire game are when he accused myself, Mithril and haruno of being the scum team. Knowing now that Mithril was town and knowing of course that I am town, I suspect King intends to be lynched and the mafia plan to then kill me this night making haruno seem more likely to be town.

All the same, even if King wasn't doing the worst possible plays. All the interactions based on him today will give the most information based on his lynch. Frankly, if town doesn't lynch him today it'll probably one of the biggest misplay in the entire game. I can literally hear in the back of my mind a certain experienced user who starts with a "T" (who for reference, has nothing to do with tutors) saying "why the fuck did town not lynch him based off this"

tbh, my theory on why King is acting this way despite being a better player than this is because of a ploy. He's clearly viewing the thread and paying attention to the game, but also acting very apathetic.

Yet I find one of the most interesting posts in this entire game are when he accused myself, Mithril and haruno of being the scum team. Knowing now that Mithril was town and knowing of course that I am town, I suspect King intends to be lynched and the mafia plan to then kill me this night making haruno seem more likely to be town.

All the same, even if King wasn't doing the worst possible plays. All the interactions based on him today will give the most information based on his lynch. Frankly, if town doesn't lynch him today it'll probably one of the biggest misplay in the entire game. I can literally hear in the back of my mind a certain experienced user who starts with a "T" (who for reference, has nothing to do with tutors) saying "why the fuck did town not lynch him based off this"
So you can just as easily killed Mithril and now trying to make yourself seem more town etc etc etc...

My reads are this game is horrible, I called you Haruno and Mithril out day 1 because I felt you guys did a good job of not being the center of attention. I voted you in the end for day 1 because I knew that you knew what you had to do to seem out of the radar if it means posting a lot or idling you would know how to do it. < This is because of the game I was in with you as scum. The Mithril / Whydon / Shubaka,Martin read at the time was to put pressure which felt weird because that day the talks were somewhat on whydon/martin. I thought Mithril was doing an ok job at laying low assuming he was mafia at the time. Right now Game is too invalid for me to have scumreads on multiple people, but my only scumread is on you (Former Hope) right now since you're trying to push for an easy lynch on me. Even though your reasoning was "there's not enough info from the king lynch" but then you basically grabbed at straws etc and got people to talk about me which now gave you "enough info from a king lynch". God damn i put too much time into this

minor thought; how can someone banned from the site and still play?
major thought; unlynch , since the changing late day actually made a little sense. didn't read it right the first time, sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)